Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
When you’re in your home, you want to feel safe and protected at all times. While being places of comfort, homes are also vulnerable to unforeseen incidents such as fires and theft. A homeowners insurance policy will help cover expenses if such an incident occurs.
The agents at Saratoga Insurance Brokers are here to help homeowners in Westminster, Maryland. We can help you learn more about homeowners insurance policies so you can get the coverage you need. Visit our website to learn more today.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
A homeowners insurance policy insures your home’s structure and your belongings in the event of a destructive event. Homeowners insurance policies generally cover destruction and damage to a residence’s interior and exterior, the loss or theft of possessions and personal liability for harm to others. For example, theft, damage and vandalism are commonly covered in homeowners insurance policies.
What Is Included in Homeowners Insurance?
While policies may vary from homeowner to homeowner, a typical homeowners insurance policy might consist of the following types of coverage:
Dwelling coverage helps cover costs of repairing or rebuilding damage to the house’s structure.
Other structures coverage assists in covering other buildings on the property, such as a garage or gazebo.
Personal liability helps cover injury or damage to others and their property if the policyholder is held responsible.
Contents or personal property coverage helps cover clothes, furniture, electronics and other items in the home if damaged or lost due to a covered cause.
Loss of use coverage assists in covering living expenses in the event of a covered loss, such as temporary housing after a house fire.
It’s important to note that coverages differ depending on various factors. Contact one of our agents to learn more about coverage options for your home.
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
To learn more about potential homeowners insurance policies, contact one of our Saratoga agents at 410-781-6396. We look forward to your call.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)